It seems like it's been awhile since I've updated about Kimber. She is 19 months now, and giving me a run for my money most days because she is soooo clingy and wants to be held all day long.
She is happier when all the kids are home because she is more easily distracted. I think her biggest problem is that she's been working on molars for a month now-just finish coming in already!
Kimber loves to follow Wes around and is happy to go to him when I have to be gone somewhere. The other day she noticed he was about to leave for work and went and found him shoes and brought them to him. She is liking nursery, at least, they haven't had to come get me or Wes. She did sleep through it one day. Wes is happy because he has always taken Kimber during Primary so I wouldn't have to worry about her.
Kimber says Addi/Hallie all the time, and it sounds exactly the same. She also says that same word whenever she wants something, but we haven't figured that one out yet. She can say "Jax", but always refuses to say "Kamryn". She loves Gus or Gussy and gets really excited when he comes close to her.
Some of her words: blankey(kind of sounds like stinky), cuppy (for her sippy cup), mama, dada, nana, papa, grandpa, grandma, Hallie, jax, addi, gus, doggy, arm, eyes, belly, stinky toes, bum-bum, stinky bum-bum, silly, shoes, socks, pants, on, hello, up, snack, cookie....I'm sure I'm forgetting some. She is learning the parts of her body and will point to her; head, ear, eye, nose, teeth, tongue, arm, belly, toes. Working on cheeks and hair.
Kimber is a tough cookie and seems to fall and get hurt more than the other kids. She has a couple of scars on her bottom lip that look like white lines/cold sores when she smiles (from one of her many busted lips). Kimber absolutely loves my phone and ipad. She steals them whenever she can and likes to pretend to take pictures. I'll see her looking at it and saying "cheese".
She is getting more picky about what she eats. My old standbys don't work anymore-gone are the days I can throw a Nutri-grain bar at her. She doesn't super love anything right (except for cookies, of course). But she is really preferring to sit on a bar stool and not in her high chair anymore. Fine by me, since I hate the high chair, but we only have 6 stools! When we bought them we were sure we would have 4 kids...If our dining room wasn't carpeted I would eat dinners over there, but I think we are still years away from trusting the kids to not spill...
She has such a goofy smile right now, with her teeth looking huge in her mouth. Her frenulum is still attached too, so her front two teeth sit further forward than the rest, like Addi's do. Kimber has to have her blankie with her at all times. Especially in the car, and don't you dare try to get her to fall asleep without it. A few weeks ago we were at a friend's house and she threw up all over, so I had to put it in a bag until we could get home and wash it. She immediately started crying for it and cried the whole way home. Luckily, she has a couple of other blankets that she will take as a substitute, although her pink blanket is far more desirable to her. Kimber seems to do fine when we leave the kids with a baby-sitter. I was worried when my in-laws left that she wouldn't be good about going to other people, because its not often we get someone to watch the kids. But she doesn't seem to cause any trouble.
Kimber is getting pretty good at following commands. She can throw trash away, including her diapers, bring me her shoes/blanket/cup, etc, lie down for me to change her diaper, and probably more I'm forgetting. One of my favorite things that Kimber does is when you ask her a question. She'll either say "mm-hmm" with her inflection going up, or "ugh-ugh" with her inflection going down. It's so cute, and most of the time you can tell she knows exactly what you are asking her.
This is such a fun age...she is learning things everyday. Kimber makes us laugh all of the time, as she tries to figure out how to say things, or do things she hasn't tried before.





1 comment:
These pictures are THE GREATEST. Oh my gosh she's adorable. It's so funny to hear her talk because she still looks so little. I love it.
Post a Comment