Monday, December 15, 2014

Kamryn at 5.5


Kamryn loves all girly things: makeup, purses and accessories. For the most part I let her wear what she wants to school, but sometimes I have to draw the line. This morning (mind you, there was snow on the ground) she came out of her room wearing the same (dirty) pink and white striped sweater she had worn yesterday, neon yellow capris, with pink leggings sticking out beneath the capris. She also likes to do her hair "curly" which involves spraying it with water and matting it down. Ha.
Kamryn loves to watch me cook, and follows me around the house, along with Kimber. Between the 3 little ones, I am found every time I go to the bathroom (sometimes by the older ones too). She is always willing to help, as long as it is her idea. If its not her idea, then watch out-foot stomping will ensue.

Kamryn loves Kindergarten and is learning to read. She can read simple three sound words without any problem. She totally guesses a lot on words she doesn't recognize, without even trying to sound them out. She likes to tell me who is naughty or nice in her class (who gets a sticker for the day). Her best friends at school are Markell and Siena.

Kamryn still has complete meltdowns once in awhile. It's more rare these days, but just as feisty. One of her latest ones was a couple of weeks before Christmas when I caught her opening one of her Christmas presents. She was so mad I had caught her and knew instantly she was in big trouble (she had to write Jaxson an apology, since it was the present he bought her, and go to bed early).

Kamryn has been trying to motivate me to get my 10,000 steps in every day. She checks my fitbit multiple times a day to see where I'm at.

As far as being the middle child, Kamryn has it pretty good because she more often than not gets lumped with the older kids instead of the younger kids. She is still too young to do a lot of the more fun things Wes takes the older kids to do (hunting, long razor rides, etc.). She is hoping to go tent camping with Wes this summer with  her new sleeping bag.

Kamryn is one of the cutest girls I  know.  She is so tiny for her age...the size of most 3 year olds. She is still wearing 4t clothes, with no sign of outgrowing them anytime soon. She is a fun-loving kid, easy to get to smile, and a good big sister. 

 

3 comments:

Marshall and Thelma said...

beautiful pictures of my favorite little redhead

Emily said...

She is such a cutie and so fun to be around. and at her size I'd expect Finn to be bigger than her by his six month well check. Ha!

m e a d o w said...

oh, kamryn. How I love her. I've never seen her with straight hair! I can't wait to go camping with you guys again. And it's only 14 hours from your house to mine. I would've thought longer!