Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas 2014


We had our ward Christmas party earlier in December. We opted for a group picture so we didn't hold up the line.

The kids loved getting their candy canes from Santa. I was asked to play a piano solo, which was nerve-wracking. It went well though, and now I have a fall back piece if I ever need one. Ha!

 
My mom mailed the girls Christmas outfits. She made the skirts and scarfs. The girls loved it! Everyone at church thought that my mother-in-law had mailed them from Scotland.

Christmas Eve was spent all by ourselves (it was Wes's Christmas this year, but none of his sisters came since his parents are gone), eating traditional homemade lasagna. We watched the new Luke 2 video and then opened jammies and the family game-Spot It. We played the game for awhile and then put out a plate of goodie for Santa to find. Hallie wrote the letter

(Kamryn got this dj set...its been a hit)

(Addi got a Sofia doll house)

(Kimber got a new car seat. So exciting!)

(Jaxson got a new compound bow)

(Hallie got a building set called Roominate where you can build rooms, and engineer pieces)

playing Spot It

After opening presents we went to Denny's for breakfast. We were bummed that we weren't going to have a white Christmas, but snow started falling in the afternoon, and by the next morning there was a few inches on the ground. It was perfect!
We made prime rib for the first time (Wes did most of the work since I was too afraid I would mess it up). We had ourselves a feast: prime rib, homemade rolls, twice baked potato casserole, orange pineapple jello, and salad with pie for dessert. Yum. I even busted out the china and let the kids eat on it too.



I bought these little place holders from Home Goods years ago and had never used them. The kids thought it was great fun. Even though we spent Christmas by ourselves, it was very nice! Slow-paced, relaxing, cozy, and perfect.

 

3 comments:

Marshall and Thelma said...

the prime rib looks delish, how we miss beef. we don't like the beef here so we eat lots of chicken. so sad we missed our christmas year.

Emily said...

Such a nice christmas! Your solo was awesome, I loved the program. We got spot it jr. and it's so fun! Hard though. For me, anyway. Ha! Your China is so pretty!

m e a d o w said...

Fun to see what you guys did! Missed you this year. :(