Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Thanksgiving at the school

Hallie had a big animal project due the week previous to this, so we toured all of the dioramas while we were there. Hallie chose to do her project on mule deer.
The kids always have a Thanksgiving meal the Thursday before school lets out for break. First up was Kamryn

It isn't always easy to make time to go to the kids school, mostly because of having other kids still at home, but I'm always glad when I do. The Thursday before Thanksgiving I left Kimber at work to take a nap, and Addi and me went to the school for some Thanksgiving festivities.
Then Jaxson (we got to eat in his classroom. He got to pick Indian/Pilgrim, and he chose to be Squanto)
And last, Hallie. That was a lot of lunches in a short amount of time!
We had some time to kill before the 3rd graders big Thanksgiving play, so Addi and I hung out in Hallie's classroom. Her teacher is so nice and didn't mind finding Addison a toy or two to play with

The 3rd graders prepared long and hard for their play. Hallie had a small speaking part, which I thought I got on video, only to realize I never pushed play (somehow). Bummer! Hallie was a turkey. They sang all kinds of cute and funny songs. I was impressed with how well all the kids knew them.

Hallie's teacher loves art and was an art major, so she loves teaching her students about it. She invited Hallie and several other students to stay after school several days the weeks leading up to the play to paint the backdrop. I thought it looked pretty good!

Good job Hallie! I was really thankful for the flexibility in our jobs, that allows me to (once in awhile) leave Kimber with Wes so I can do things like this!

No comments: