This has felt like the longest winter of my life! We have had much more snow than usual, so I've been itching for spring to get here. Well, the first signs are here! The past few days our temps have been upper 50's, low 60's. We've really enjoyed being able to hang out outside!
Yesterday was Wes's day off, so he spent the whole day outside, working in the corral (rearranging goatpens, moving gates, etc.) I took Hallie out to see the goats and horses while he worked. We haven't been out to the goats in months! She loves to feed them Saltines- I'll have to remember to bring them the next time. Wes saddled up my horse and I led Hallie around on it. She remembered what the horn was and did a great job holding on to it! She was mad when it was time for her ride to be over. She loves animals, and loves to be outside.
After Hallie went inside Wes saddled up his horse and we went on a ride while the kids took naps (thanks to my mother-in-law for watching them). It's been awhile...I've only ridden once, for a very short ride, since Jaxson's been born. We rode about 40 minutes or so. I'm feeling it today! I'm hoping I can work my endurance up so this summer we can go on longer rides. After about 30 minutes I always start getting antsy and want to go home. The ride went well, except for the time Shadow took me through a clump of trees-I got a few scratches, but nothing major. I'm not very good at getting her to do what I want her to do, and she can be stubborn.
Derek came yesterday, and he had never ridden a horse before, so Wes re-saddled my horse and took Derek for a ride. I think he really liked it...it was so much fun to watch him ride for the first time.
Today Hallie 'colored' the sidewalk with her chalk while I swept our front porch and sidewalk. (Jaxson was sleeping inside). When Jaxson woke up I took them for a walk in my double stroller I got for Christmas. We had a good time, and I tired by the end! I am pretty out of shape, but the elevation always gets to me! (We're about 6,700 ft. here...I think).
We're looking forward to many more fun days outside! We are also excited because my sister-in-law Lindsey and her kids are going to be here all next week, and Luke and Shawnie will be here next weekend!
1 comment:
sounds like so much outdoor fun. isn't it great when it gets warm enough to play outside? saturday we were so lucky to have a high of 74, and played outside all day. then of course sunday came with snow and a high of 34. :( oh well, we're excited to be going to Mesa for spring break. woohoo, warm temps; i'm counting down. 1 week and 3 days!!
Post a Comment