Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend in Mesa! We got back Monday afternoon, and are trying to get back in the swing of things today. I'll give a quick run down of our weekend.
Friday: We left Gallup around 10:00 and pulled into Phoenix about 3. We (meaning the kids and me) drove down with my in-laws. They were pulling down a trailer for my brother-in-law to sell, so my mom met us at my brother-in-law's workplace. It took almost an hour to drive from Phoenix to Mesa with all the Superbowl-FBR-rush hour traffic. We were so glad to finally get out of the car! My mom watched the kids while I did some errands. When I got back from doing errands we all (Mom, Dad, Luke and Shawnie, Ike, and us) went to Rubio's for dinner. Hallie went to bed early, and the rest of us watched Transformers.
Saturday: We went over to my Grandpa's to help clean up his backyard. Every year for his birthday the whole family does a clean-up day for him. Most of my family went last week, but a few people were there, so it was fun to see them. Hallie and I picked up rotten oranges as part of our contribution (most of the work was already done). Afterwards my Grandpa came over to my parents and we watched President Hinkcley's funeral. I was able to hit up The Children's Place for some sweet deals. Around 3, my sister-in-law Tracie came and picked me and the kids up for a night of fun in Anthem, where another one of my sister-in-laws lives. My little niece had her first birthday party, and we all had a good time, not to mention great food.
Grandpa, over at my mom's



Sunday: We went to church with my parents at 9, and then headed on over to Camie and Andy's for our niece's blessing. We tried to take numerous pictures of all the grandkids because they were all dressed nice for church...but you know how that goes! When we came home I put Hallie down for a nap and got to spend a couple of hours chatting with my friend Adell. It's always good to see her! We watched the Super bowl and ate way too much junk food.




Monday: We packed up and left to come home even though we knew it was snowing and would take longer than normal. I was sick (nauseous, stomach pain, etc.) so it wasn't a very pleasant ride home. (And NO I am NOT pregnant, for all those inquiring minds!). We made it home in 6 hours, instead of the usual 4.5. We came home to almost a foot of snow! We're glad to be back at home and with Wes again. We miss him when we travel without him!



Our sidewalk in the front of the house



2 comments:

Deanna said...

You were here in Mesa and you didn't even give me a call!! You better think twice about that next time. I miss you too! But it looks like you ahd a fun trip. And I can't believe you have goats? Congratualtions? What do you do with them? good luck. Hope to hear from you soon.

gramyflys said...

Hi Mikelle..it is Lori Emig, Lindsay and Natalie's mom...I linked to your blog from Lindsay. It is so fun to see your darling little family. Your kids are the cutest ever, and it was fun to see you and Wes. You are still so tiny! I LOVED seeing the picture of Grandpa Wright. I love that man! Glad you are doing well...I see your Mom often in her office. She has a big job trying to keep me young forever! Take care.