Tuesday, February 19, 2008

'Class'

Hallie and Call
Every Tuesday morning I teach a mommy and me class. Hallie loves it! Almost every day she asks if we are going to "class" today. She is quite bossy when it comes to the other kids...when I give them instructions on what to do or how to do something, Hallie is always right next to me, repeating everything that I say.

She likes playing with her friend, Call. They all love the balance beam. Hallie has no fear when it comes to things like that...she tries to run and jump all over it.

I'm glad that I can take Hallie with me and have a good time. She learns how to interact with other kids, follow directions, and take turns, etc. I don't have to pay for her because I teach the class, or find a baby-sitter because I can take both kids with me. (Jaxson will usually play happy on the floor, that is if my mother-in-law can't watch him for some reason). It's a win-win situation.
I've recently started coaching some gymnastics classes at a new place in town. It doesn't have all the equipment, but it's the best we've got in Gallup. I'm going to be teaching there Mondays and Fridays, teaching at GPAC on Tuesdays, and watching Derek a couple of days after school. And soon I'll be helping out more at my father-in-law's business, doing some accounting and things like that. Life is getting busy, but I like it that way! I'm always more productive when I'm busy.

6 comments:

The Deborah Sector said...

It's probably better that there aren't any real gyms in Gallup. You don't want to get involved in the coaching thing, it is addicting and you don't get paid enough. I was thinking about coaching again but read Lindsay's recent post and remembered why I stopped. Hallie is super tiny!

Camille said...

That's very exciting! And how cute--I love Hallie's little exercise outfit. She'll be in the olympics, for sure, just because she looks so great in workout clothes.

Anonymous said...

Mikelle-Bell,

Good for you! I'm sure you're never bored...I agree with the other comments... Hallie looks so dang cute in her exercise outfit!

P.S. Preston is THIRTEEN POUNDS! I have to buy him the six month blessing outfit. Little heifer.

Luke & Shawnie said...

Hallie is too cute! I miss her! I had a dream lastnight that I had a baby boy and he was the chubiest thing....but no worries im not pregnant! not for a few years anyways...Maybe Luke and I can come visit during spring break

Lindsey said...

i love the look of the new blog, and hallie just is so stinking cute!!! She cracks me up, she is such a little mommy!!!! I have a bossy one too, although hallie may have her beat!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow that is awesome that you're teaching classes and doing so many great things to keep you busy. way to go!