As most everyone already knows, our dear prophet passed away last night. I got a text message from a friend, and I immediately came to the computer to see what I could find online. Then I called my parents to see if they had heard the news. They hadn't yet, so I talked to my dad for a couple of minutes about it. He said, "He's your prophet, huh?". I really feel that he is "my" prophet. He was the prophet of my youth, through my teenage years and college years. I'm sure most people of my generation feel that he is "their" prophet too.
I have mixed emotions about his death. I am sad that I won't be able to hear him speak in conference again. But more than that, I am so happy that he is with his wife again. As I was pondering his passing last night, I just imagined the great reunion he must be having with his wife and others who have passed on before.
I love Pres. Hinckley for his quick wit and positive attitude. He made it seem so easy to follow the gospel and have joy. He reminds me of my Grandpa Tom in a lot of ways. I appreciate his testimony of Christ and his Christ-like example. He has strengthened my testimony many times. I'm grateful for his work ethic... even at his old age he was doing more than I do in a day! He will never be forgotten for all of the things he accomplished as the prophet.
I'm grateful for the testimony that I have of prophets. I know that they are called of God, and that our next prophet has been made ready by the Lord. I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father has given us a prophet in these latter days to lead and guide us.
3 comments:
I feel the same way. It's like I lost my own grandpa. So sad, but in a way, I'm so excited he is with his cute wife again. He really was a 'one of a kind' prophet. He will be hard to top.
I know it is for the best...I really do. But I don't know if I'll ever
bond with a prophet like I did with him!
Mikelle Bell,
I second Camille's thoughts. I know President Monson will be excellent, but it's so hard to think of turning on conference in April and not seeing President Hinckley. I echo your sentiments almost word for word; I feel like he's MY prophet too. He will be sorely missed, but I'm glad he gets to be with his sweet wife again.
Post a Comment