Thursday, January 24, 2008

Our Big Boy



Jaxson is just growing up so fast. Here is a picture of him in his crib. We moved him to his crib at the beginning of the week. He had been taking naps in it, but now he's sleeping in there at night too. Well, last night he slept through the night for the first time! It was like heaven...I haven't had that much sleep probably since before I got pregnant with him. He went to sleep at about 9:45 pm, and slept until 5:45 am. He would have slept longer, but I was so paranoid that something was wrong with him. He woke up when I touched his hand to make sure he was alive. I fed him, and he went right back to sleep until 8:50! It was so nice. I hope this trend continues. He tends to sleep really well for a week, and then go a week where he wakes up every two hours. We have been blessed with a really good baby. His cranky days are few and far between. And he smiles all the time, like in this picture.



Hallie's new phrase of the week is "I like...", but it sounds like "I like-a...". This week she said "I like-a my brother, my medicine (her vitamins), bacon, being out of her room (after a nap)". She LOVES bacon. Last Sunday we were driving to church and she was talking about making bacon. I think she seriously fantasizes about bacon.

7 comments:

Clark Family said...

Hooray for Jaxson!! I am so happy for you!! Hoepfully he will keep it up, and you can really catch up on the sleep you have missed over the last well....forever....i think Mason likes bacon as much as Hallie does....That is a big highlight for him when we go and visit Nana and Papa!! Bacon all around!!

Anonymous said...

Mikelle Bell,

Congratulations!!!! That is the best news ever. I can't wait until Preston sleeps through the night. I totally understand about waking Jaxson up to make sure he is alright; sometimes I do the same thing with Preston. Keep us posted about his sleeping...I hope this trend continues!

Anonymous said...

Mikelle,
I found you through Lindsay's site. Fun to catch up with old friends! You need to get Meagan blogging! I can't believe you have two kids...they are SUPER cute! It's fun to read through and see that other moms are facing the same challenges and having the same laughs! I'll check in periodically! You can check out our family blog at: natbroekman.blogspot.com
Happy trails...
Natalie (Emig) Broekman

Lindsay said...

Welcome to blog world!! I'm so excited you finally got a page! Kate has the same fantasy's about bacon. It must be the salt they like or something. You're new little guy is adorable! Congrats on getting him to sleep through the night!! Hooray!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for letting us stay overnight with you guys. It really helped to break up the trip. It actually seemed way shorter than driving down to Mesa. Probably because this time we drove home on Sunday whereas last time we hit 2 rush hours, one in Denver and one in Albequerque. But thanks again, we really appreciated it. Your house was so nice, and your kids adorable!! I'm glad you liked the oranges. Maybel we'll have to do it again some other time we drive home over the next 4 years. Thanks!

Lindsey said...

woo hoo Jaxson!!! Keep on being a good sleeper for your mommie's sanity!!!! I wished you guys lived closer, so we could do more together, Kendilyn asks about Hallie, and baby Jaxson, and Auntie Kell, Unc Wes everyday, and she has to "bless that safe" when we say prayers, and she has to include shasta, sassy, and shadow in prayers also!!!! love you guys!!!

Crystal Star said...

Mikelle-
I'm glad you found my blog so I can go to yours. It's so much easier to keep people updated then emailing each family member.

Anyways- this is funny. Troy always gives me a hard time when I complain and complain that they don't sleep through the night and then the 1st time they do I go and wake them up out of fear. I'm still up every 3 hours with Lucia. You are giving me hope!