The biggest change for Kimber this month is that she is pulling herself to a stand all of the time now. She is much faster at crawling, so I really have to keep an eye on her or she will be in one of her two favorite places: the plant in the living room (she has eaten quite a lot of the soil) or in Gus's dog food in the laundry room. I am constantly telling the kids to make sure they close the bathroom door now.
Kimber weighed in at 14 lbs, 4 oz at 9.5 months. That's a pound and a half bigger than Addison was at that age. I can tell she is getting ever so slightly chubbier. She eats real food 3 times a day now, and nurses about 6 times a day for a few minutes (her morning nursing is a little bit longer). I think if I weaned her she would be just fine, but I still enjoy it for now (she doesn't have any teeth yet!).
This month she started saying "mama", and that makes me so happy. I think all of the other kids said "dada" first.
She is so content these days. It really makes life so much easier. Her separation anxiety is pretty much gone. She really loves Wes. And Kamryn too. But Kamryn will often try to carry her all over the house, which is no easy feat when Kimber is half her weight. We often have to tell Kamryn to leave Kimber alone, or put her down.
She has started using a sippy cup and can do it all by herself.
She is so wiggly when I change her diaper. When I put her on her changing table I immediately give her an empty bottle of lotion to play with so that she will lay still.
I'm really appreciating this stage with Kimber. Addison was much harder than the other kids at this age, so this feels easy!
1 comment:
She is so cute! Haha Vera is so dang fat! I can't wait to get them together this summer!
Post a Comment