Saturday, April 26, 2014

Remembering Uncle Jack


These are the only pictures I could find of him...I remember this day...I was almost due with Addison and we were hanging out at the table right outside the door to the ranch house. Jack's trailer was parked right there. He had an empty chair next to him, and Kamryn climbed right up to sit next to him. It was so cute (she was almost 2).
 
The church where the funeral was held was beautiful. It was mission style and had really cool beams and stained glass in the chapel. It also had a 2nd story and basement...so different from the normal LDS building
So, as I mentioned in my last Mesa post, my mother-in-law's Uncle Jack passed away a couple of weeks ago. Uncle Jack and his family are some of the only family my mother-in-law has.  After his wife passed away about 10 years ago he kindly let Wes and me live in his house while he spent some time at the ranch. Wes and I lived in his house a little over a year (we moved to a bigger house since I was pregnant with Hallie). We have many great memories in that little trailer, and have always been grateful for his generosity to us when we were just starting out our marriage.Uncle Jack was a really quiet man and we were able to spend many weekends with him up at the ranch. He continued to spend the summers up there until a couple of years ago when his health would no longer allow him. The kids always liked seeing Uncle Jack.  It is still weird not seeing him when we are up there. We are happy for Uncle Jack, in that he gets to be with his wife again. He missed her so much the past 10 years.
 

No comments: