Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Thursday morning

Last Thursday I took the little girls plus a friend downtown to meet Wes at an auction. They played follow the leader around the courthouse until it was time to start.
Afterward we took them out to lunch. Addison started complaining about her eyes itching and 10 minutes later he eye looked like this.

It looked pretty crazy so we ate quickly and dropped by the doctor's office on the way home. They told me to give her Benadryl and if that didn't take the swelling down to take her to the ER.  After a couple of doses and a few hours the swelling came down, though it was still red for another day.

Poor Addison! I believe the swelling was caused by something in the air-she has seasonal allergies right now. She just can't not scratch when her eyes itch, which is understandable, but it really just makes the situation worse. Hopefully as she gets older she will be able to better control the urge to scratch at her eyes! And I'm thinking about taking her and Hallie, who also has terrible allergies as well as some food allergies, to an allergist so I can know exactly what is going on.


1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh man that is the saddest picture! I couldn't believe how red they were, I would be dying if it were me.