Friday, September 20, 2013

Prairie Point Quilt


This quilt is much more traditional than what I usually make, but I still love it. I decided to go with the pinwheels because I thought they looked more traditional than some of the other designs.


This was the first time I tried prairie points. It was a little tedious to pin them all on, but I really liked how it turned out. I think it added a lot to the quilt. I used this tutorial.


I quilted each portion a little differently: straight lines for the pinwheels, a loopy design for the smaller border and stippling on the larger border.



The back is a flannel print from Joanns.


The final quilt measured about 36" by 44", and has already been gifted to a new baby girl.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love the points on the outside, such a small detail but makes a huge difference.