A few days ago I went to get Addi and Jax out of their room in the morning and as I got close to the door I could hear "hi-ya" from both of them. They were playing some game with plastic animals and Jaxson had taught her to say "hi-ya" and then hit his animal with hers. It was pretty funny.
(playing peekaboo)
Addison can open doors now. That makes life a little more crazy because she can get into the bathroom by herself. I love hearing her say "open doe-wa" in excitement when she does it.Addison is starting to talk a lot more. She is a master mimic-er. But lately she has upped her game and will speak in short sentences now. The other day she came and found me in Kimber's room and said "Mom, Mamryn (Kamryn) be mean me." Sure enough, Kamryn was being mean to her. Her favorite sentence is probably "Mom, don't want to ___________________" (whatever I asked her to do ). Today in church it was "Mom, don't want to prayers" , repeated over and over until the prayer was done.
Yes, she is a sassy one. And soooo stubborn. I feel like I butt heads with her more than I did the other kids. A couple months ago she started a new phase that is making life hard. Basically she cries/whines/screams about everything. If someone touches her, looks at her, puts her up on her stool to eat, doesn't give her the "right" snack/cup/treat, if I don't hold her when I'm already holding Kimber, if we give her directions to do something....you get the idea. She is really a handful right now. Sigh, but I can't help love her just the same.
She is getting more independent about her clothes. She has opinions on which jammies she wants to wear and things like that. She actually picked out her own outfit one day last week and it went together. She can put her own sandals on, and that is a huge help to me, even if they are on the wrong feet 90% of the time.
Her favorite toys are playing dress up, dolls, phones, and the play kitchen. Tonight she had us drink soup and then washed her dishes.
Addi is so LOUD. Part of it is her age, but I think she is just a loud kid. Kamryn has this little tiny voice and Addi pretty much yells whatever she is saying at the moment.
We have been working on Addi's faces...to help her try to understand her emotions and how to communicate them and because it's fun to watch her make the faces. Anyways, she does 5 faces: mad, sad, silly, happy, and surprised.
She says "Bimber Hoo-Hoo" for Kimber (we call her Kimber Lou-Hoo a lot, so that's where she got it). She says it in a sing song voice and its so cute, I need to get it on video.
She recently started pretending to be a dog. Hallie taught her to say "arf" as she crawls around. She also likes to be a monster. I must say, she makes a good monster.
Addison definitely makes our house crazier, but she makes up for it with the cute things she does. Our family wouldn't be the same without her.

3 comments:
she is SO cute. Love those cheeks!
She is the cutest! And I feel like she is the only kid I dont know in your family! (besides kimber, of course) I can't wait to see this sassy girl!
I still think if her as a baby so I was surprised when she talked so much and played so well at our house last week. She's such a cutie!
Post a Comment