I used lots of beloved fabric for this: some Ruby, Bliss, Hullabaloo, Walk in the Woods, Meadowsweet, Sherbet Pips, and more. I cut way too many tumblers too, so expect another, smaller version in the near future.
I used some bigger prints that I had for the back: Meadowsweet, Bliss, Sherbet Pips, Hullabaloo, Nest, and the pink is a print from Joanns. I loved this color combo and I am really happy that Kamryn loves her quilt!
This next quilt is made up of some scraps I won in a giveaway (over a year ago) from Diary of a Quilter. I think the front of this quilt is cute enough, but the back is kind of driving me crazy. I used Kona Asparagus and Kona medium pink (I think?) for the binding. The sashing is Kona Coal. I want to say this measure about 36" by 45" or so.
The back is made up of two other prints by Amy Butler.
I quilted this with a loopy design in light pink thread, throwing in a flower every so often. I spray basted this quilt, and I'm not sure if that is what caused me problems, but my thread was breaking all the time. I put this one away a few times because it was so frustrating, but I finally finished a month or so ago.
This is the quilt I made for Wes for Christmas. (The picture cuts off the bottom row). It uses a pattern by OH!Fransson. For how simple this quilt is, it sure took a long time. I used assorted blue prints and Kona White for the solid blocks. This one measures 55" by 77". It is just a tad too short for Wes, but it works ok.
Here is part of the backing. My mother-in-law picked up a yard of this bear print when she was in Alaska last summer, and I knew I would use it eventually.
The solid blue is from a sheet that I cut up. This quilt has been washed many times and is holding up great! He can no longer say that I have made a quilt for everyone else but him!









1 comment:
Those are amazing! Kamryn's is awesome. Wes's is really great too, Dave would love a quilt just for him. My mom made him one a few years ago but they boys always steal it.
Post a Comment