Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Finley's Chevron Quilt

While I usually like the quilts I make, I don't always love them for decorating purposes. If I'm going to put a quilt on my bed I want it to be simple...throw quilts can be busy and fun. So when Shawnie asked me to make Finley a new quilt for his toddler bed, I was excited with what she envisioned.



 Finley's Chevron Quilt....measures about 57" square. I used Kona Bone, School Bus, and Navy. I followed this pattern, but made it a bit larger.

I don't know why the picture of the back of the quilt is turned, and the colors aren't true in this picture either. I added a couple of simple stripes to the back because I needed a little more length. I straight-line quilted this a 1/4th of an inch away from the seams in the white chevrons.

4 comments:

ashley said...

I love this quilt so much!

Emily said...

I LOVE that! Love it! Pretty sure I'm making one for my next project. Dynamite.

LSWright said...

We love the quilt!! Luke is pretty jealous of Finley right now... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

meg said...

This quilt reminds me of Meadow and Shawnies skirts that Meadow made for Sky's wedding.