Saturday, July 21, 2012

Blogger's Blockapalooza Sampler Quilt




 This is my oldest work-in-progress, now finished! I followed the Blogger's Blockapalooza for this quilt. I started it in the beginning of 2011. I kept up with making the blocks right on schedule, but I didn't really like it, so I put it away for awhile and brought it back out in May to finally finish.

I learned a lot making this quilt, first and foremost that I don't like making samplers! But all of the blocks were either about 9 patches or flying geese, so I did learn a lot in those areas.
 I went ahead and did different quilting in each block, just to try to expand my free motion quilting repertoire.


This quilt was all made from my stash. I love using up my stash (so I can buy more). The quilt measured about 68" by 68", and good lap quilt size. I used various prints from my stash and Kona Pale Flesh and Kona Pomegranate for the sashing and binding.

No comments: