Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Addison is 1!


My baby is one!

She had a little "party" with our little family and Nana and Papa. She loved opening her presents, well tearing the paper off. We just got her a couple of little things, because she is not lacking in anything, being the 3rd girl! She really loves the little cell phone.

 I wanted a different than normal cake, so I made pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. It was great! (I scored a LOT of pumpkin cans at Albertsons awhile ago for .33 a can.)

Addison seems to be learning a lot lately. For so long it seemed like she was at a standstill in all areas, but no more! Some fun facts

  • Addison has 5.5 teeth...more than any of my other kids at this age. If you put your finger near her mouth, she will bite you. Kamryn hasn't learned her lesson yet.
  • She weighs 14 lbs 7 ounces....the smallest of all the kids. She is so tiny, yet eats a lot of food.
  • Addi is pulling her self to a stand all the time now. She is increasing her leg strength everyday now. But she still won't walk for a few months I bet.
  • She crawls, but not too fast, lucky me-she isn't into too much yet.
  • new tricks include giving bonkers, high fives, waving good-bye, sticking her bottom in the air and looking through her legs, playing peek-a-boo, and pulling herself to a stand
Remember when I was going to take a picture of her on her quilt every month? Yeah , that didn't happen
I love to see how proud she gets of herself. The other kids are her biggest cheerleaders and love to try to teach her new things.  She is babbling all the time, but still only  says dad and dog, and dad is only very rarely. I can't wait to hear some new words!

Addison is still my most cranky kid at this age. The last hour or two for bedtime is still a challenge for me because she is just cranky, and I need to make/clean dinner, baths, pickup, etc...But her smiles and laughs make it worth it.


Can't wait to see what the next year hold for my Addi-baby!

2 comments:

Emily said...

She is so cute! I love how tiny she is, my babies were always so big by this age. her teeth crack me up!

janae said...

She is seriously so cute. I want to see her now.