Saturday, May 31, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend started off a little rocky...more snow, and a doctor's visit for Hallie. (She is finally better, thank goodness...I'm so glad to have my regular happy Hallie back!).




Saturday was pretty yucky outside, although by the end of the day all of the snow had melted off. We stayed inside for most of the day and just hung out. Wes went on a quad ride with a couple of his cousins....they came back so muddy and with a citation from the game warden. Wes's cousin Cameron got a ticket because the bike didn't have a license plate...apparently Wes tried to sweet talk the game warden into coming over for a BBQ, but to no avail.
A lot of Wes's extended family was camping this weekend down at the campground, so it was fun to get together and talk with all of them. After church on Sunday we all went to the camp ground and played some kickball and talked. Tracie brought her friend Holly up for the weekend; we had so much fun watching her ride one of the calves!



After the kids went to bed we went over to the camp ground again and watched "Man From Snowy River" on a sheet, using a projector. It was a nice set-up, but I got so cold...we left a little before the movie ended

The weather was absolutely perfect on Monday, so we all spent the day outside. The kids swung on the swings and went for "rides" on the 4 wheelers (their favorite thing to do). Wes, Holly, and my father-in-law went for a horse back ride. For some reason my horse was crazy wild, like I've never seen her before, so I was glad Holly went and not me! I'm a wuss around horses...

Hallie helped Nana make biscuits and gravy for everyone on Monday morning. She couldn't resist eating cake while mixing the biscuits. It was so funny.

1 comment:

Clark Family said...

Hmmm... those are some nice pictures you have got there....I think I am having deja vu....
It was nice as usual to see you guys and the kids. Good times all around!!