Monday, May 19, 2008

Jax update/Birthday Party

Jaxson had his 6 month check-up on Friday, even though he's 7 months now. (He missed his 6 month appt. b/c of his ear infections.) We're a little concerned because he is losing weight. At 4 months he was 14 lb 1 oz. At 6 months he was 13 lb 13 oz. I wasn't too worried then b/c it was only a couple of ounces. Well, on Friday he was 12 lb 9 oz! So he's lost over a pound in a month=not good.

The doctor is concerned, but not too much. So far, my kids take after me....Hallie was about his size at 7 months too, she had just not lost weight like he has. I just have small babies! It was pretty funny though because Jax's doctor asked if my husband was petite as well...haha. So, his doctor told me to start feeding him lots of proteins, and he'll have a check-up in a month to check his weight. We went out to Wal-mart and stocked up on meat baby food. There are a lot of choices...including Wild Alaskan Salmon and veal- who would have thought? Eeew! The stuff smells so bad too...but hopefully this will do the trick. I want Jaxson to have some chub on him!
The funny thing is that Jaxson and his cousin Rylee, who is 2 months younger than him, couldn't be more opposite! She is the biggest baby I have ever seen...I think she weighs over 20 pounds already...and I just love her chubbiness! We need some of that over here!





I love this picture of Jax...he is constantly sucking his left thumb. And I love putting that hat on him.


Me and the kids were able to go down to Mesa/Phoenix for the weekend. It was a really fast trip (we were there for less than 48 hours) but I was glad we got to see so many in our family. My niece had her 3rd birthday party, so we got to help celebrate that. Hallie got to pick out a new swimming suit to bring to the party...we don't swim much around here, so she had outgrown her old one. The kids all had a blast playing in the water. Hallie was, of course, a little leery at first, but she ended up loving it. The weather was so much better than I had expected it to be...we had a fun time playing outside. Jaxson didn't party too much...he was still feeling bad from his shots the previous day.

Hallie in her new swimming suit. Sorry her skin is so white that it is blinding...I told you, my kids really do take after me!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Oh, to be worried about losing weight. I hope he bulks up, but only because that's supposed to be good for babies.