| Addison, or Addi-as we usually call her, turned 4 on July 19th! She was very excited for her birthday but kind of bummed it fell on a Sunday, because she wanted to go to the Skating Rink. |
- She was so funny as she opened her presents because every time she would say "I really hope this is the phone I wanted!" Umm, there was no phone. Apparently she wanted a real phone where she could really call people. She was disappointed for a second when she realized there would be no phone, but got over it pretty quickly. She got a pair of cowboy boots, the Guess Who? game, some finger puppets, sunglasses, and some Dr. Seuss books.
- Her birthday was pretty lowkey...church in the morning, nap time in the afternoon (I let her sleep in the family room instead of her bed and she thought that was great), bike riding at Nana's in the evening followed by presents and ice cream cake.
- Her food requests were: chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, strawberry/blueberry smoothie for lunch, waffles for dinner. My kids all prefer breakfast foods to everything else, and it always shows on their birthday.
- Addison is quite dramatic and recently has started lashing out at me. It's actually quite funny to me when I take it out of context, because the things she yells about are funny. Not so funny in the moment when you realize she is actually yelling at you.
- Addison is my slow poke. She is so hard to get motivated in the morning to get dressed/eat breakfast/brush teeth, etc.
- She is still sucking her thumb, and now that she is 4 we are going to work really hard on quitting. I told her that she can still suck it when she goes to sleep, so now she just tells me she is tired all of the time, because she thinks that way I will let her suck her thumb.
- Addison likes to speak clearly...I think it comes from watching Jaxson struggle with some words. But one word she mispronounces every time is "because"...she says "beclause".
- Addison learned how to ride a bike a couple of weeks before she turned 4, which makes her the youngest of our kids to learn. She is pretty proud of herself, and all the credit goes to Wes, because I told him I didn't have the patience for it after I worked with her for a bit.
- She weighs in at 32 pounds. She wears 3T/4T (Kamryn wears 4T/5T). She keeps waiting for the day that she is older than Kamryn...I keep reminding her that she will probably be bigger than Kamryn someday, but that she will never be older.
- Now that the older kids are back in school she has a love/hate relationship with Kimber. Sometimes they play great together and others they get into screaming fests where they both scream at each other and neither will try to use words to communicate-really awesome.
- I decided not to send her to preschool this year, and just work with her from home. So far that has only consisted of her watching LeapFrog Letter Factory. But she already learned some of the sounds from the alphabet, so that's something.
1 comment:
Addison and Kimber sound a lot like Finley and Vera...the love/hate relationship and the raptor scream wars.
Post a Comment