Friday, March 21, 2014

The rest of February


 
We had a pretty low key Valentines Day. Heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast and a nice family dinner. Wes got me a blender and he got a movie (The Croods).  After our dinner we had a family movie night. (And thus began Addison's addiction to The Croods).
 
...this is why I don't do sponge rollers on my girls.  For the record, Kamryn loved it and keeps asking for me to do it again.
 
Spring sprung. We have had such an unusually warm winter here with hardly any snow, so it wasn't a real surprise when the winds started in February. I'm hoping this means summer will come quicker too? Anyways, on the not-so-windy days the kids played outside.
 
The 2nd grade at Hallie's school have been going swimming at the aquatic center every Friday. She loves it even though she is still scared to go under the water. One on one swimming lessons are in the near future for her.
 
And last but not least, I got to have a girls day with some friends in Albuquerque. It included this super yummy French toast that I'm still dreaming about and a day at the spa. Wes got me a spa package for Christmas, and it was so relaxing. The best part was getting to spend the whole day with friends and NO kids. It was really great to get pampered. Thanks Wes!
 

2 comments:

LSWright said...

Kamryns hair! hahaha

Emily said...

I'm sorry but I laughed out loud at Kamryn's hair! Awesome.

That French toast looks amaaazing. And the day out sounds amazing too, I wish my husband loved me as much as yours loves you! :)