Friday, March 14, 2014

Valentine quilt


My sister Meagan asked me to make a quilt for her new niece that was born on Valentines Day. She wanted reds and pinks and to use the name or initial of the new baby. This is what I came up with:simple patchwork made from my stash in reds, pinks, and a little grey and white.

upclose of the appliequed initial....I just free handed the design of the flower and initial, and while not perfect it's good enough for me.

I knew I wanted to quilt it down the diagonals before I even started piecing it. the quilting just gives it a more traditional feel

It was fun to work with these colors and hopefully the recipient likes it! It's always a little scary to spend time making something and then not know how the person who received it really feels.





4 comments:

Emily said...

Nobody could be unhappy with one of your quilts. They're always amazing! I love it.

LSWright said...

So Cute!

meg said...

She loved it!

meg said...

She loved it!