Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Purple and Green Giant Star Quilt

 I made another giant star baby quilt, like this one. These really come together quickly. I definitely don't use purple very much in quilts, so this gave me a chance to use the little I do have.
.
 
I believe this one ended up measuring around 44" square. I quilted it with straight lines radiating from the middle point. I really like the effect it had.
 
I backed it in a white and green polka dot flannel and bound it in a purple gingham.
 
This one went to one of my very first friends I made in Gallup. We don't get to see each other as often these days, but I always have appreciated her friendship!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I never think to use purple for anything but that sure is pretty! I don't know how you quilt so straight. Very impressive.