Thursday, February 20, 2014

I Love to See the Temple

We were able to take the kids down to Mesa a couple of weeks ago and go through the Gilbert temple open house. Before a LDS temple is dedicated, it is open to the public for viewing. We thought it would be a great opportunity to take our kids and show them what a temple looks like on the inside. My brother Isaac and my friend Janae (and her sweet baby with the most kissable cheeks) came with us too.

The temple was beautiful. I've never seen a temple so large. The sheer size was really impressive. I loved all of the intricate woodwork and stone work.  I am so glad that we were able to take the kids. I hope that at least a couple if them will remember it for years to come.







I love this picture...it looks like they were worshipping, when really they were playing with the water










There was free pamphlets and pictures of the temple to take at the end. The kids liked reading the pamphlet on the way back to my parents house.

 

 The weather was gorgeous. I was really happy that I was able to show my friend the beauty of the temple since it is such a special place for me.  We had a great time in Mesa minus a kidney stone incident with Wes.

3 comments:

Emily said...

He had kidney stones?! Yikes!

Such a pretty temple, I hope I get to see it some day. I love the picture of the three kids leaning over to reach the water! Fun.

janae said...

Thanks again for inviting me. Loved getting a chance to check out the temple and I always love time spent with you and your cute family.

LSWright said...

Cute! I can't wait to go to that temple! Sad we weren't there for the open house!