My in-laws were called to serve a mission for our church in the Scotland Ireland Mission. They originally put their papers in in October, and received their call in November. Their departure date was in April. At the end of January my father-in-law got an email asking if they could report to the MTC sooner, on February 17. They said yes, and it was a really hectic 2 weeks getting the rest of their stuff together and ready.
Last Thursday they were set apart as official missionaries for our church. We are really excited for them to have this experience; it is something they have always wanted to do and planned for. But it was still really difficult to say goodbye. I knew poor Hallie was going to have a rough time with it....she is very sensitive as well as very attached to her grandparents. It was rough indeed for her, and consequently all of us (every time she started crying, we all started crying). That night was really rough, but she has been ok since then, thankfully.
We will have quite a bit of adjusting to do. The kids are used to seeing their Nana and Papa several times a week most weeks. And I don't think the younger kids really understand at all what is happening. I am glad that we will be able to keep in close contact with them while they are gone, thanks to technology. I know that the time will go by quickly!
We had each kid take a picture with Nana and Papa before they left, so I can print them and they can hang them up in their rooms.
1 comment:
Poor Hallie! I know what a blessing it is to have a missionary in the family but I'm sure it's so hard on you guys having had them so close for so long. Good idea to take those pictures, they're great.
Post a Comment