Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Kimber- 8 months

Sadly Kimber spent pretty much the whole month with a nasty cold. She woke up with her eyes crusted shut for a couple of weeks with a terrible runny nose. Thankfully she is finally feeling better now.
 
This month Kimber had her 1st Christmas. But not really. We didn't want to wake her up when the other kids opened their presents, so they just opened them for her.

We tried Jaxson's boots on her. (I had to get him to hold her, he still doesn't like playing with her).
 
Kimber went from barely sitting at the beginning of the month to almost crawling by the end. She is definitely creeping and up on her hands and knees all the time now.
 
Hanging out at work one day this month. These girlies are there a lot lately. Wes holds Kimber a lot for me so I can get my work done.
 
We went to Mesa and Kimber met her newest cousin Vera. Sure to be great friends in a couple of years.
 
She sticks out her tongue ALL the time now. I tease Jaxson and tell him he must have taught her how.

The biggest change in Kimber this month is that she is eating all the time. She has a couple of meals a day now. She likes all the baby food I've tried (minus turkey, but I can't blame her there) plus lots of "real" food too like mashed potatoes, squash, carrots, crackers, bananas, pancakes, etc. She is a lot easier to entertain now that I can use food as a secret weapon.

She got these jumbo animals for Christmas...
More work fun-building towers with duct tape.  

Kimber has been sleeping worse lately. Not terrible, but usually waking up once in the night to eat. Nothing to complain about, I know! I'm not looking forward to a more mobile baby, but it is fun to see her learn new things! I'm sure she will be really crawling this next month.

2 comments:

janae said...

ahhh…she is SO cute and so grown up already. I need to see her!

Emily said...

She is sooo cute. I love her chevron leggings!