Our library's summer reading program has been great the last two years. They kick it off with a big carnival and end with a party. There are several levels to the program and the kids get coupons for free items around town for each level they complete. Hallie, Jaxson, and Kamryn finished the whole program this summer and were able to receive lots of coupons. Kamryn was one of the grand prize winners too, so she received an extra set of coupons (things like free meals, ice cream, swimming at the aquatic center, etc).
I'm so proud of the kids for working extra hard to finish. Especially Hallie since she read a lot to her younger siblings to help them pass of their levels.
A couple of Saturdays ago they had their end of the summer party, and set up mini golf all through the library. I moved them along as fast as I could since I was alone with 5 kids (plus it was nap time so the little girls were cranky!). Jaxson and Kamryn ended up cheating quite a bit, oh well. They had a lot of fun!
They are already looking forward to next summer's prizes. I am grateful for all the effort the library puts into their program! And I'm happy that I don't have to drag all 5 kids to the library every week for awhile too!:)



2 comments:
you are crazy. I dont know how you do it! And way to go Hallie! Can I borrow her??
We didn't do summer reading this year, I was SO lazy. If only Isaac would read to the other kids (and they would sit and listen)...
Post a Comment