Saturday, March 29, 2008

She's a Picker

Hallie has always been a picker...she picks at the covers of books, anything that feels like foam, etc.

But she has taken it to a whole new level lately, and I have no idea what to do with her.

Is that a scratch on her forehead you ask? No, it is not. She has done that to herself. She picks her nose (not too unusual, but it usually results in a bloody nose), and the inside of her ears have scabs. She also has a little spot on her leg and arm where she has been picking too.
What do I do with this girl? She never does it when I'm watching, it's always when she is supposed to be sleeping. Please tell me she will grow out of this phase.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

for her sake i hope she does grow out of this phase, i have never heard of a child doing this before, and she is to young to ask her why she does it!!!! and how do you stop the behavior if she doesn't do it around you, in order for you to tell her no!!! i would not know where to even start with this!!! she is still cute as ever though!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mikelle Bell,

Wish I could help. That's rough! I have absolutely no idea what to do on this one... Sorry! Wish I could help.

Livin' Wright said...

I am glad to know that my kid isn't the only One that Eats his Crib! Sorry about your little "Picker" My nice has a scratching problem, so my sister puts gloves on her. :) Strange, I know, but it worked for her! That really is a tough one.