Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Birthday/Easter fun

We had a fun-filled weekend, with my birthday on Saturday and Easter on Sunday! Easter is my favorite holiday, so I was so excited to have it back to back with my birthday.


On Saturday I hung around the house with the kiddos all day and relaxed. I gave myself permission to eat whatever I wanted and to be as lazy as I wanted. It was great! We went out to eat for dinner with my parents-in-law at one of our favorite places, Grandpa's Grill. Later we dropped the kids off at their house and went to a wedding reception for one of our friends. I made myself this cake, which I highly recommend. It turned out great (so you know it must be easy!)...definitely a keeper. Thanks to all those who called and sent cards for my birthday!

My mom sent me this card...she said she thought I could appreciate it, having kids. She doesn't know how true that is! Every week in nursery Hallie announces that she is poopy and needs a diaper change. She is always so proud of herself, and loves broadcasting it to anyone and everyone.


Hallie was so excited to find eggs on Easter. She got a few fun things in her basket, including a play camera, which she has been holding pretty much ever since she opened it. She calls it her "tamra".


In the afternoon we went over to our bishop's house and Hallie got to find more eggs there with her friend, Bailey. We played games (they were so surprised we knew how to play Greedy!) and Wes got to shoot guns with all the boys. (Our bishop has a lot of land, so he has some targets set up.) All in all it was a great day. We crashed when we got home!

Here are pictures of our Easter:

Hallie finding Easter eggs inside

Hallie found plastic eggs instead of the real thing. I didn't really feel like putting candy in them, because we are swarming with junk food as it is. So she would open each egg, look inside, and exclaim "Nothing!". It was so funny, she did this to every egg.

Hallie and Jax before church. I love this picture b/c Hallie is giving him a kiss, so he closed his eyes.

Typical Jaxson. He is always sucking on his fingers or thumb. Isn't he so cute in his suit?

Hallie, in her Easter dress, holding her new "tamra".


3 comments:

Lindsey said...

The kids look cute...and Happy Birthday!!! I am a dope, with all of the easter excitement i spaced that it was your birthday!!! Hope you had a good one!!! love you guys..

Clark Family said...

cute kids!! Jaxson looks like a little man in his suit...so cute! Sounds like you had a good birthday and easter! Looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Mikelle Bell,

So, so cute! Hallie and Jaxson look darling in their outfits. Where did you get Jaxson's great suit? I love it!! Oh, and that cake looks really easy to make, but super good. I think I'll do it the next time I have to take a meal in. Thanks for the idea!