Friday, March 14, 2008

Sweet Deals


I've been trying to get into "couponing" lately. My goal is to stock-pile my pantry and toiletry/household items. I've really learned a lot in the past couple of weeks, and I hope I can continue to find good deals and save my family some money.




Last week Safeway had cereal on sale for really cheap...like a dollar a box. Combined with the coupons I had I was able to get almost 30 boxes of cereal for FREE! Either Wes or me would go there everyday and get some more boxes. Well, we headed there towards the end of the week and they told me that they wouldn't take my coupons anymore since they were printed off the internet. I was so mad about it, but at least we got some free cereal before they changed their policy!




The best website I have found for good deals on groceries, etc. is at Money Saving Mom. She gives tutorials to CVS and Walgreens, which have such great deals I never knew about. She also gives tips on your everyday grocery stores.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mikelle-Bell,

Thanks for the tips. What a good shopper you are! Too bad you don't have a Harvest Market there...I just bought bread there for fifty cents a loaf!

Camille said...

Oh my gosh! I have been trying to do this kind of thing, too! I find it all very exciting. I have been formulating a blog on it for awhile, and now you'll never believe I didn't copy you...

AnneMarie said...

go back and ask the manager about the coupons. If he says it's a change you can always contact corporate headquarters and see what they say :)
Congrats on your deals!!!
I love that blog and grocerygame too!! I am learning so much! Have you seen the blog from the lady who only spends $800 annually??? Now that lady knows how to save!! I wish I could learn how to save on diapers and get them close to free :)
Have a super day!

Unknown said...

Awesome! Just because one cashier says that, it isn't always true, or different cashiers don't always follow all of the rules or aren't always aware of them....sometimes they even make up their own rules. The next trip might be completely different. Sometimes the cashier's are grumpy. Try, try again!