Friday, June 14, 2019

Girls Camp


The girls all sand "If you love Him" and it was powerful.  I got to go to girls camp for the first time ever as a leader in June. It was so much fun, and fun to see Hallie having such a good time. Camp was really laid back, and except for just generally watching out for a group of girls, I didn't have much I had to do. One day I helped with the "difficult" hike which was really an easy hike plus repelling. I belayed for quite a while and at the end I got to go down once. I love repelling!
 
 
Tania made most of the quilt, she wanted it to look like a mountain because the camp theme was "Climb". I helped her with the concept and how to get the angles right, and then I bound the quilt. At the end of camp each girl gets their name entered into the drawing and then once lucky winner takes it home...its a tradition that has been going on for a few years now and I have helped a couple of times with.

Love these girls



William Kiefer shenanigans. During testimony meeting

This is a video and won't translate, but I had to include it to remember Hallie's epic wipeout that makes me laugh every single time.
  • Other things to remember...
  • Tyson Tanners dance as part of his groups skit. I will never forget the leap in the air as the wind picked up the glitter on the ground. Perfection.
  • Late night escapades with my fellow leaders, we ran out unmentionables up the flag pole and then another leader with no sense of humor took it down before the girls could see the next morning
  • Hallie having an allergic reaction after accidently eating a Chips Ahoy with peanut butter cups in it. The packaging was almost identical to regular Chips Ahoy. It was a scary enough incident for me that we finally got her an epi-pen and an appointment with an allergist...that she can't get into for 9 months.

No comments: