Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Summer trip to Mesa

I took the kids to Mesa for a few days in July. It was hot,or course, but I always like to take them for a few days every summer so they can swim and see cousins, and I can shop etc.

The grandkids all love my dads foot massager.

We like to try different donut shops when we travel places.We like Bosa,and have been there many times.This time I took the kids to Hurtz in Tempe. More of a dessert donut, and less of a breakfast donut.
 
Lots of trying to keep the kids entertained inside since it was so hot. They kept trying to make a human chain down the stairs,and inevitably someone would get hurt.

One evening I took the kids swimming at Skyler's pool in his complex. Evening is the perfect time because it isn't sunny(no sunscreen on 6 kids saves lots of time!). His pool is perfect for my non-swimmers because it is really tiny and no one is ever in there.


On Sunday we went to Luke and Shawnie's ward. That evening a monsoon storm rolled in, making it cool enough to play outside. It was so nice! I love monsoon season.




I love when I get to be at my parents on a Sunday- a pretty rare occurrence. Usually when we are in Mesa I'm trying so hard to cram in shopping/eating/ seeing family and friends, so it's nice to spend a Sunday with just family and hang out.

That night my parents told ghost stories as it was storming. My mom told the story of how her and my dad got together, but changed the names and details-it was hilarious. And then my dad did "who's got my golden arm?" I'll never forget the time Grandpa Tom told that story in the original part of the Wright House. It was a night I won't forget.


We were up early Monday morning trying to get ready to come home, and Kamryn got this brush stuck in her hair. It took 30 minutes of me and my mom working on it.

No comments: