Thursday, August 31, 2017

Random August

 I started tackling some of the messier spaces in our house after the kids went back to school. The craft cabinet was in serious need of help!

This is just part of what my mother-in-law and I canned. We spent a day and a half canning peaches, peach pie filling, strawberry peach jam, and strawberry freezer jam. She taught me how to do it all, and I never could have done it without her!

We brought Buck over to our house to help eat down our weeds. He loves it, the kids love having him closer, and we love it because he is a really good weed eater!
Wes's Aunt Geralyn came to town to teach a quilting class. She is an amazing and very accomplished quilter, and it was so fun to learn from her. I had a great time getting to do something I love for a whole day, while Wes held down the fort. These were the blocks our class made-mine is the one on the top left.
 Morgan loved these sandals this summer. They weren't the cutest, but she could put them on herself, so I didn't care. Unfortunately, she went through a phase of having to wear socks with the sandals.
Annual dentist appointments before school started. No cavities for all of the kids! I thank my lucky stars they have good teeth genes, and for our great dentists who treat us so well.
Jaxson's baseball team was featured in the Gallup Journey. He is front and center, holding the newspaper.
 I finally figured out how to do a fish tail braid. It took me forever!
Pretty flowers by the pond in the late summer.
 It's pretty rare that I get to snuggle her while she sleeps.
Kamryn finally lost a top tooth-at school!
We had quite a crowd over to watch the boxing match between Connor MacGregor and Floyd Mayweather. I don't know how many people we had, but it was quite crazy! Our counters couldn't hold all the food people brought, and it was constant in and out with kids running all around. We brought in every couch we own into the living room. It ended up being a pretty entertaining fight.

No comments: