Saturday, November 28, 2015

Hallie turns 10

Hallie turned 10 at the end of November. Originally we were supposed to stay in Gallup for Thanksgiving and have all of Wes's family here, but plans changed when my father-in-law was sent to the hospital in Phoenix. We decided to spend Thanksgiving in Mesa instead of staying here  by ourselves, and Hallie decided she wanted to open her presents before we left.
She got a shotgun and a pocketknife (we may have 5 girls but that doesn't mean they won't know how to handle a gun!)
Ever since Hallie was a toddler she has been pretty easy. She continues to require little discipline and is easy to get along with. We don't know what we would do without her!

At age 10:
  • Hallie loves the horses. She will often go out there just to spend time with them.
  • She is still a voracious reader. A lot of times she finishes a chapter book in one day.
  • She has been learning to cook and bake more lately. I came to the realization a few weeks ago that I was solely responsible in teaching all of the girls how to cook. So I have been trying to include her more when I am in the kitchen.
  • Ever since I had Morgan she asks me daily what I need help with. I almost always have an answer for her too, but she keeps asking, and I appreciate her helpful attitude.
  • She likes to take care of Morgan, but not so much when she is fussy or needs a diaper change. Ha! I love how everyone in the family assumes that I love taking care of those things myself.
  • She is enjoying having her ears pierced and changes the earrings out everyday now.
  • She participated in her first spelling bee and got out in the first round. I was proud of her for trying...she was really nervous to do it.
  • Hallie really only plays soccer, but was disappointed to find out I didn't sign her up for basketball with Jaxson (umm, she never mentioned anything about wanting to play, so I didn't even think about it). She wants to play next year on the school's team when she is in 5th grade.
  • She loses her cool with the kids a lot. She likes peace and quiet, and sadly, that just doesn't happen often around here. The older she gets the more alone time she craves. But she still spends lots of time with her siblings and likes to be the one in charge.
 

2 comments:

LSWright said...

Every family needs a Hallie. I'm still waiting for mine.....

Unknown said...

What a wonderful kid you made, Mikelle.

LOL Shawnie, I like yours too.