Monday, November 9, 2015

More baby quilts...


1. Here is Fox Face...this is the finished product of what I was working on a few posts ago. It took a lot of trial and error to get the math figured out, and the proportions right, but I loved how it turned out! I quilted it with a woodgrain pattern, which I had never done before and I liked how it turned out. The only problem was that the gray linen and the fox minky back didn't like each other and I had a few puckers to deal with.

2. I made this quilt last year I think...I was testing this pattern and decided to make it completely from scraps. I always love to use up scraps;it makes me feel industrious, haha. This quilt is pretty straight forward, and I actually made one just like it a couple of months ago in case we had a boy (now it resides with my new nephew Kade), but cutting on the bias made for a little stretching. I backed it with a soft green flannel.


3. Double Irish Chain-I really love this quilt. I didn't know the gender of the baby, so I played it safe with aqua and yellow. I made it for a good friend who moved away at the beginning of the year; she ended up having a boy, which I think works well! Once again I adapted the pattern from one I found online, so I had to do a bit of math to get it sized the way that I wanted. I quilted it with straight lines on either side of the seams and backed it in a print that I took (with permission) from my mother-in-law.

And lest you think I am superwoman...all of these were made well before I had the baby! I haven't touched my machine since she was born, and I bet I won't for another few months! I do have a couple more to show though.

1 comment:

LSWright said...

Kade loves his quilt! (and so do I) also, that fox blanket is probably the cutest thing ever. You are amazingly talented!!