Sunday, November 22, 2015

Morgan's 1st month


I have absolutely loved having a newborn again. I feel a million times better after I give birth than I do in the weeks leading up to it.

Morgan is such a sweet baby. She is a lot more alert now. She does have fussy periods of time, usually in the evenings, but not every night.



She is sleeping pretty well at night, usually next to me in bed. I'm just too tired to get up and put her back in her crib-plus every time I do that she wakes up. I usually nurse her and then move her to the edge of the bed, perpendicular ways so she can't roll off into the play pen.

She had her first real bath at 3 weeks old. Her umbilical cord fell off at one week, but then was kind of goopy still, so I was waiting for it to dry out.

Hallie has been a major helper. She was sick with a cold the first couple of weeks and was upset that she couldn't hold Morgan. Now that she feels better she has been great to hold Morgan for a few minutes when she is fussy and I am in the middle of something. It is nice to have an "older" kid to help out.
Morgan has red hair and blue eyes-exactly what I was hoping for. I will be so sad if that changes.


Morgan is on no set schedule as far as sleeping or eating. We go with the flow for now. As she gets older I will try to get her naps consistent, but for now she rules the roost in our house.

At her two week well check she weighed 8 lbs even. The doctor said she was back at her birth weight, and I said "no, she was 8 lb 10 oz" and she said "no, in our system it shows she was 7 lbs 10 oz at birth, someone must have told you wrong." However, I watched Morgan be weighed, and even took a picture of it to that clearly show 8 lb 10 oz, so that is what I'm sticking with.

Sometimes I call Morgan "baby love". The other day I heard Kimber calling her "baby uv" -it was so cute.



There is just something so special and sweet about having a newborn in your home. It's like a little slice of heaven.  I am soaking it up as much as possible for now because I know it won't last long.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet. I love that photo of the three of them. Don't you hate when they do that at the hospital...like nothing has ever been put in a computer incorrectly?