| He requested ice cream cake as usual. |
Some things about Jaxson, now that he is 8:
- He really, really wanted a little brother. He was the whole reason I thought I could have a 6th kid, because I wanted him to have a brother. Oops!
- He always has a ball in his hands. It doesn't matter what kind. He has been banned from bringing a football to school because it ends up on the roof too often. I get after him all the time for kicking/throwing/bouncing balls in the house. (He recently broke a vase with a ball). In church yesterday he wadded up a piece of paper into a ball just to throw it against the bench over and over.
- Kamryn is still probably the sister he plays most with. They talk throughout church nonstop, playing games. Hallie is the sister he does the most with since they are usually the ones to feed the animals and go places with Wes. He wrestles the most with Addison. Kimber loves to play with him, but they don't play often. And I have to ask him to hold Morgan, but he will and that is an improvement.
- His little sisters think he is hilarious.
- He is super loud and sometimes obnoxious (just for the sake of being obnoxious) at home, but says he doesn't act like that at school. Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see if thats true, but his teacher has nothing but good things to say.
- He is still in speech therapy. He actually has an IEP next week, and we were hoping he wouldn't need services after one year in speech, but I'm sure he still does. He has improved with slowing down and enunciating his words, but he still struggles with the /r/ sound.
- Jaxson is now a Cub Scout and seems to be enjoying it even though there aren't many boys his age; most of his church friends are a year older.
- Jaxson started taking piano lessons this semester and wasn't too happy about it. But he practices and just had his first recital and even bowed at the end.
- Jaxson excels at sports and loves to be outdoors.
- His favorite horse is Hercules.
- He is a good reader, even though he doesn't enjoy reading. I have to make him do his reading homework everyday. He has already racked up over 100 AR points though. I need to find him a good series that he enjoys.
- He is an excellent door holder for all of us girls. The other day we asked the kids what kind of service they could give, and he answered that he could open the doors for us, which he already does on a regular basis.
- His likes to spend his money on candy, and popcorn from the school's popcorn and pickle Fridays. We opened savings accounts for the kids this summer and are having them put a portion of their money in their accounts-the rest he spends on candy, pretty much.
No comments:
Post a Comment