Saturday, October 3, 2015

Scrappy strip Quilt

I made this quilt for my nephew born in June, and gave it to him when his family came in August to visit. I used a lot of the same fabrics that I had used in his older brothers baby quilt, so that was kind of fun. I just pulled random scrap fabrics from my scrap bins, limiting my color palette to olive greens, grays, navys, and a little aqua. I always love using up scraps!

I backed this quilt in the last of these fleece blankets I picked up after Christmas a few years ago at 75% off. I really love how soft they are, and how they show off the quilting. And they are more than ample size for a baby quilt. I'm always on the lookout for more. I bound the quilt in a navy solid, plus a little scrappy strip.

I can't remember the finished dimensions, of course, but I know this one was pretty generous for a baby quilt-I like to think the users get more life out of them if I make them more of a toddler size.


No comments: