Friday, October 2, 2015

Crafting


The front-I decided this year to make aprons for the birthdays of all the nieces and nephews on Wes's side of the family. These three were for Lindsey's kids, and I gifted them when they came for my in-laws homecoming.
I spent a lot of time in July and August making quilts and sewing...trying to get ahead of the game since I know I won't be doing much of that for much longer. I loosely followed a pattern, originally, and then started tweaking it depending on the fabric I had. Each one is slightly different in dimensions.
 
While I was in Mesa this summer I found a really cute minky fabric that had foxes on it, marked down super cheap. I knew I had seen a pattern for these fox faces (Elizabeth Hartman, OhFranson.com), but I am too cheap to buy a pattern (most of the time), so I set about recreating the fox face in scrap fabric until I got it right. The resulting quilt turned out super cute, and I'll share it soon.

And last, but certainly not least, my ABC sampler. I started this years ago, and picked it back up this summer with the intention of finishing it. I love how it turned out and really enjoyed the hours and hours it took. I really like having some handwork to do while we watch TV at night after the kids go to bed. I now have it framed and hanging in the nursery room.

1 comment:

LSWright said...

LOVE your ABC sampler! SO cute!! Wish I had your skills!! And the fox face! too cute!