Sunday, September 13, 2015

Mesa trip in July


I took the kids down to Mesa for a few days at the end of July. We had a really fun time, despite the heat. My parents rented this huge water slide for a day, and my older three kids loved it! They spent hours on it. I took Kimber and Addi down once, but they weren't into it. The kids had so much fun, going on and off the slide throughout the day.
 

Even if she didn't like the slide, she still looked cute

Sunbathing Addi


Meadow came down to spend the weekend with us, which was really nice. She always tries to coordinate her trips with ours so that we see each other more often. My girls can never get enough of her. We took Kamryn and Hallie back to school shopping one day, and they found some pink hair chalk to "dye" their hair with. The girls thought that was so fun

Sunday nights growing up always seemed to revolve around music and sometimes dancing. This Sunday was no exception

My dad just got this ukelele/guitar that Hallie wanted to try out

I was able to go to the temple while I was down there. I was bummed when I learned that the Mesa temple was closed for cleaning/maintenance, and then Wes reminded me that I could go to the Gilbert temple. It was beautiful and I am so glad that I made an effort to go

I really wanted to take the kids swimming while we were there, since none of my kids can swim, because of lack of easy access to a pool here. I took them both at my friend Janae's house and to Skyler's community pool.
It's always a little nerve-wracking to take them swimming, especially without Wes there to help, and I am so glad I brought these swimsuit/floaties things to help. Kamryn and Addison were able to swim on their own with them on, and Jax and Hallie are tall enough to be in the shallow end without too much worry.

I wish we had access to more pools here-the aquatic center is basically a joke-because I feel like they pick up on things quickly, but then forget because they never use their skills.
 

My dad's foot massager was constantly in use by these two

Long, hot days make for sleepy kids

No comments: