Saturday, September 19, 2015

Start of soccer season

I wasn't going to put Addi in soccer because she just barely made the age cut-off and I didn't want to deal with another team/practices. But she really wanted to play and Wes said "what's one more?" In reality, her one practice a week is the same time as Jaxson's, so it isn't taking up any additional time.
She had a really hard time the first practice and refused to go out on the field (I've never had a kid do that!), but after that she was fine. She scored a goal her first game, but hasn't since. She likes to win, but could care less if she touches the ball. She likes to hold her french braids in her hands while she runs, and basically not pay attention-it's a lot of fun to watch.

Soccer games started the first weekend we were back in school, which also happened to be the same weekend my in-laws came home from their mission....it was a little crazy! More on their return soon...

Hallie is playing in U10 again this year. We really like her coach and Hallie is improving all the time. She really enjoys soccer and wants to continue playing through high school. She usually plays as a defender, but last week she played up and scored two goals! Her first game was scorching hot so I found myself in the shade in the dugout-she came to sit with me during half time to cool off.
We are sponsoring her team this year-hence the red jerseys. 

Jaxson is playing in U8 again this year, and is managing to score lots of goals every game. I am excited to watch him play in the next division up next year, I think he is ready for it. He has the same coaches as last year and a friend on the team too, which is a lot of fun!

Number 11, just like his Dad.

 I don't have any pictures of Kamryn because she missed her first game. I need to take more, and some videos too! We were in Albuquerque picking up my in-laws from the airport the night of her first game. She didn't mind missing it to go pick them up :). Kamryn is playing in U8 this year, and is by far the smallest on her team. She is pretty fast for her size though, and doesn't seem to  have too much trouble keeping up with her teammates. She has scored a couple of times so far. She is fun to watch because she smiles the whole time, whether they are doing good or not.

Soccer practices and games have been a little rough for me this year, being so pregnant and all. Thankfully it is starting to cool off now! We have practices Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays  (all at Ford Canyon, thank goodness), and then 4 games split between Friday nights and Saturday mornings. Wes has been super helpful making dinner on the nights we have practice, and then doing the majority of the work at the games (carrying all the gear/snacks/chairs/kids and keeping an eye on the kids while I sit in a lawn chair). I am hopeful to have this baby before the soccer season is through. Less than 4 weeks left!

No comments: