Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kimber 6 months

  • Kimber tried some rice cereal a few times this month. She isn't a fan so much. I think I need to add some kind of flavor to it the next time. She doesn't seem like she wants to eat, but I'm trying to prevent her losing weight like the other kids have done at this age.

 
  • She is still pretty cranky in the evening, usually from 5 or 6 until 8, when she goes to bed. She is just tired, but I can't let her sleep or it'll mess up her bedtime. And no one wants to mess with an infant who sleeps through the night.


  • Of all the kids, Kamryn is the most obsessed with Kimber. They look the most alike to me. Sometimes Kamryn is too rough or will try to pick Kimber up, but usually she makes her happy. Kamryn sings her little made-up songs and does this clapping thing that gets Kimber's attention.

  • Her eyes are a grayish color most of the time. They are not going to be bright blue like I had hoped for.
  • Kimber is getting close to sitting. She can sit for a few seconds at least. She is a wiggle worm lately. She doesn't want to sit contentedly on your lap, she wants to play, kick, stand, etc.

  • For as much as Kamryn loves Kimber, Jaxson is the total opposite. It came to my attention a couple of weeks ago that he has never talked to or played with Kimber. I think he feels like he doesn't know what to say and/or that it isn't "cool" for a boy to enjoy playing with a baby. He is very into being a macho boy.

  • Kimber weighed close to 14 lbs a couple of weeks ago. She is definitely slowing down in her growth, just like all the other kids did at this age. Her 6 month check up isn't until the middle of December.
  • She is learning how to spit. This may be in part to Addison's new found love of spitting, but it is pretty cute when Kimber does it.

I really can't believe Kimber is 6 months old! It has flown by way too fast. I wish I could go back and do the last 6 months all over again. We love you Kimber Lou Lou!




3 comments:

LSWright said...

Love all the update! Can't wait to see everyone!! They all look so grown! especially Addi when she is next to Kamryn!

Emily said...

Oh she is so cute! I can't believe it's been six months.

janae said...

she is seriously so cute and looks so different and more grown up than she did when you were here last. I think it's time for another visit!