Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Jaxson's 6th Birthday

This little boy had a birthday last week. Lucky for him his cousins were in town on a school break, so he got to enjoy lots of time with them. Jaxson decided he wanted waffles for his birthday, so we had a waffle bar. (I should have taken a picture) Lot of fruit toppings and syrups and a couple different types of waffles.
 
 (someday I'll blog about this table Wes built)

 Because we are lame parents, we didn't get the bike we wanted for him in time. It should get here this week, but in the meantime he had to open a picture of the bike.


Jaxson has been anticipating this quilt from his Nana for months now. He picked out all the fabric...


He was very excited to get a football.

A new jacket for fall and spring.

Jaxson always chooses an ice cream cake for his birthday. This year they had orange oreos, he was so excited about it.


Jaxson is a pretty fun-loving kid. He doesn't like to be the center of attention, but he loves to be surrounded by friends.  It is super easy to get him to smile. He hates being teased about "girlfriends" or anything to do with getting married or being a dad someday.  He giggles like a girl. He is super into flames and skulls, much to my dismay.  He likes all things boy-playing outside, playing sports, wrestling, pushing his sisters buttons. I'm glad to have him around to experience all these things. He brings a great dynamic to our mostly-feminine household.

2 comments:

Emily said...

We love Jaxson! He's such a. Cutie. Looks like a fun birthday. Also, how do you make a nice cream cake?

LSWright said...

Dang it! I missed his birthday! I am so sorry!Glad he had a good one! Fin will make him something soon!