Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Valley of the Sun

 
The kids and I went down to Mesa last week for a few days. The goal was to see family, friends, and do a little back to school shopping. We had a great time, despite the heat. I know I was born and raised with the heat, but I can't handle it anymore!
 
 
On Monday I took the kids swimming at Carson's pool for Family Home Evening. I believe this was Addison's first time swimming. My mom stayed back at her house with Kimber, and Sky, Diana, and Lia joined us...(thank goodness...trying to keep an eye on 4 kids who can't swim, even in a shallow edge pool, was tricky!). I didn't get any pictures at the actual pool because I was a little preoccupied, but the kids had a great time. We finished off the night with shakes from Sonic.
 
 Meadow took Hallie to Joann's to pick out materials to make a necklace. They also made Kamryn a bracelet that she loves.
 
 



Eating breakfast at the bar, on the same stools I grew up sitting on. Hallie thinks she is too old for the bar and sits at the table :).

On Tuesday we went out to see Janae. She recently moved and we were excited to see her new house. The kids played really well with Aiden, and we are so excited that she will have a new baby in a few months.



The kids loved the fact that her house had a second story. And why does Addison look as big as Kamryn?


The kids had fun playing with Lia...who is the same size as Kimber. She is already crawling around and standing up too!



I handed Kimber to Ike so I could go do something and when I came back she was giving him smiles.


There were a couple of nice monsoon storms while we were there. I let the kids play in the rain and they got soaked, but I wasn't too worried about them getting cold.


A wet Jaxson slipped on a paver and was not too happy.


A chunky monkey...



This picture is sideways, but it has a story. While we were at Janae's house Addison ate a TON of grapes....well a couple of days later I realized that wasn't a great idea. She had diahrrea and a terrible rash. After screaming/fussing/whining for a couple of hours she finally fell asleep on the couch...with all of grandma's toys on her.

 
The last morning we were there we stopped by my grandpa's house to visit. The kids got to play with my dad's old toys while I chatted with my grandpa. They were pretty cranky though, so we didn't stay for too long. I am so glad that they are getting old enough to get to know him better.

We had a great time and got to do everything we wanted (well, I could have shopped a whole lot more, but it's probably good that I didn't!). Until next time Mesa!

4 comments:

LSWright said...

Dying at how big Addison is!! Holy cow! (not literally) And Hallie is an adult. And the picture with Addi and those toys made me tear up- 95% of those were toys Finley had to leave behind :( So sad we weren't there to play with you guys!!

LSWright said...

Also, the first picture addison looks like she has a little cleavage goin on

Sky said...

Why is Jaxon crying, did Ike push him? Just wondering how that relationship is going?

Emily said...

There's nothing better than playing with cousins. Love it.