Saturday, July 13, 2013

4th of July-Camping with the Fam

We went camping last week for the 4th of July with Wes's family. We went down close to Big Lake and enjoyed the cooler temps and rainstorms. I love monsoon season!

 Addi holding a caterpillar
  
We went fishing a couple of times. We didn't catch any fish, but we were catching lots of crawdads. The kids were so proud of themselves.





I tried the star hair-do I've seen all over Pinterest....not so cute when you don't use water or a comb...



 The kids had so much fun with their cousins. We taught them to play baseball (well, wiffle ball) and the adults gradually entered the game too.


 We had several storms roll in with gusty winds and rain. We would crowd most of the kids in our toy hauler and turn on a movie. Kimber got to sport the beanie I brought her.
 Kimber got to get passed around a lot...I'm always thankful for a helping hand!


 Wes took this picture on a razor ride he took. So pretty. We also took a razor ride all the way into Eager one day. We shopped at the world's largest drug store (they even carry Moda fabric, what? of course I had to buy some!) and went through the drive through at McDonald's for ice cream.
 Wes cooked up the crawdads the kids caught. He told them if they were going to catch them and keep them then they needed to eat them and not just let them die with no purpose. The kids were pretty good sports, Hallie said she even liked them.

Eating inside on a stormy evening



 Uncle Philip couldn't come because of work, but he sent these headlight lamps for the kids. They LOVED these!


Kimber slept in a laundry basket right beside our bed. She slept really well and was nice and cozy.



The way home...



And back to reality...

3 comments:

LSWright said...

The life these kids get to live!! SO jealous!! How fun! and I love Kimbers bed and your Laundry you get to do! haha
Your kids are just too cute.

Emily said...

Kimber sleeping in the laundry basket made me laugh out loud. You're a genius. That looks like a great trip (minus the crawdads, yuck).

Sky said...

Uncle Phillip? never heard of the guy.