This quilt wasn't really meant to be patriotic, but I fell in love with the color combo of red, navy, aqua and gray, and it definitely reads "Americana". But the baby this quilt was gifted to was born right before July 4th, so maybe it works.
I loosely followed this tutorial from Diary of a Quilter. I love her blog, by the way. She has lots of helpful tutorials for beginners.
I just stippled all over, quick and easy!
I used a navy and aqua flannel on the back. I am trying to back more of my baby quilts with flannel these days.
I bound the quilt in a red print from Aneela Hoey's Sherbet Pips line.
And just for the record...I have not sewn in months! All of the baby quilts I have posted/will be posting were made several months ago before Kimber was born and life got crazy busy.
1 comment:
That is gorgeous! I love the color combos, especially the navy and aqua.
Post a Comment