Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

We went camping  just north of Strawberry last weekend. My family came up and joined us. We had lots of laughs and good times.
Nothing better than camping food!

Gus has never, ever been dirtier. The dirt was something else!


Trying to camouflage herself. Hallie and Jaxson spent hours trying to form traps with a long piece of string they found attached to a tree.


Since we got there on Thursday, we got a really big and open camping spot. It was perfect and beautiful. See Gus down in the left corner?

There was already a swing hanging from the tree...the kids loved it, even Addi.

Lots of tree climbing


Wes brought a hammock that he got from Ecuador. I don't think it was empty the whole weekend!



This may be the first picture of the two of us since we were married. Seriously, we have no pictures of us.

There were so many butterflies! They seemed particularly attracted to Addison's jumper. No wonder she ended up eating one. (This was when we were packing up, and it was only a wing, thanks to Ike pulling it away from her. BUT, it was very traumatizing to my girls. Kamryn said "Now it can't fly back to its mommy." And Hallie lost it, like she does about every animal that dies. Don't worry she sat with it for half an hour, trying to help it survive.)



The kids loved having Meadow there and would not leave her side. Especially Hallie.

Yay, we got to see Ike again!!! This was the highlight of the trip for us, and he brought Katie which we all really loved too.


We stayed up late playing games, and Addi finally crashed out.


These two were soooo dirty it was hilarious! Finley is so cute and wanted "nummies" the whole time.

Shawnie brought bug catching stuff, and they found this caterpillar. I bet Jaxson a dollar if he would hold the stick with it on there....he did it, but not without girlish screams.





Hiking. I didn't get a picture of Jax, but apparently hiking is his thing.. He found a big hiking stick and was determined to be the leader of the hike.

We had sooo much fun over the weekend, it was hard to come back home.

 Other highlights that I didn't get pictures of:

  • Wes's birthday. We got to eat at Monti's and he loved it.
  • Father's Day....no pics :(.
  • Ike spoke in church and it was great to hear him.
  • celebrating Kamryn's birthday
I loved getting to go camping with my family, something we never do, but hopefully will do more of now. We only wished Meagan could have been there and we would have all been together.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I cannot get over the dirt. It is SO funny! Also, I'm not sure it's fair that you look that beautiful when you're CAMPING. Come on, Mikelle, you're making the rest of us look bad.

meg said...

I like your hair like that. I am about to cry that we couldn't be there--looks like so much fun.