Friday night was our ward campout at the ranch. Only a few families showed up, but there were still lots of kids for Hallie to play with. Hallie was the smallest kid running around, but she loved getting to be a "big" kid.
| I love this picture of Hallie. It's a little blurry, but I can never get enough of how she looks when she runs. |
Jaxson was super cranky that night (can't you tell by Wes's face?). He only wanted to a) go to bed, or b) sit on the ground and eat rocks. I ended up taking him back to the house and putting him to bed.
We took the kids to the bi-county fair. I've never been to one, but it was pretty much what I expected...lots of sheep, pigs, goats, etc. Hallie loved it, especially the pigs and the rabbits. She has been asking for a pet rabbit ever since. (I wonder, would she try to shoot her pet rabbit?). Jaxson got scared when we got close to the animals, but liked everything else. It was a fun something to do that was different from our normal long weekends at the ranch.
Hallie's horse, Sassy, came up to the sliding glass door of the house and knocked with her foot to be let in! She is very curious and loves to be where the action is. The kids thought it was hilarious that she was in the house.
Jaxson cut his first tooth over the weekend, and learned how to clap. I love when babies learn how to clap...it's so cute. He also fell out of the sliding glass door and got a few new bruises on his forehead. It was my fault...all weekend he made a beeline to the door whenever anyone would come in or go out. We made all the way until Monday afternoon before he actually got out the door! I think he was more scared than hurt.
3 comments:
I love the picture of Hallie running....so cute!! Good times over the holiday...too bad it wasn't a couple days longer....we could have played a little more hand and foot!!!
The matching braids picture is so cute! Your hair is darker than I remember. Lookin' good!
Wow, jackson is getting so big! I love that you guys have such an amazing ranch! I am taking Grace camping in acouple of weeks, and I am kinda scared. I know all she will do is eat dirt, and get dirty! Not looking forward to that.
Post a Comment