Sunday, September 14, 2008

Anniversary in Albuquerque

Even though our actual anniversary isn't until the 23rd, we celebrated our 4th anniversary this weekend. We originally wanted to go camping overnight, but a couple of days before we decided to go to Albuquerque so we could go to the temple.

We got to leave work a little early on Friday, which was nice. We dropped off our things at the hotel, and got down to work! I've been wanting a new dining room table forever, and I've finally saved up enough money to buy it. So we checked out one place Friday night and then went to dinner. I was overwhelmed by all the choices I had for dinner...we don't have a lot to choose from here. We ended up at Chili's...that's where we usually eat when we're in Albuquerque and neither of us wanted to risk trying something new.

We went to Hinkle Family Fun Center to go goofy golf ing and ride go karts. We went there last year during our anniversary trip, but I was so pregnant, the only thing we could do was goofy golfing (and that was pushing it at that point!). We got to ride the go karts, which was so fun! We had a good time...the weather was beautiful and it was fun to act like we were dating again.

Saturday morning we woke up early to go to the temple. We don't get to go very often...it's hard to leave a nursing baby to drive 2 hours, do a session, and drive 2 more hours home. Jaxson is only nursing morning and night now, so we took advantage of that. I always love being in the temple with Wes. It gives me some much-needed perspective...

After that we got down to shopping. It took us all day, but we finally found a table and chairs for our dining room. The best part was that we were able to take them home last night, without having to order anything and drive back to Alb. to get it! I'll post pictures soon. We got it set up last night when we got home and love how it looks. Now I just need to save up money to re-do the living room...it's looking a little shabby now!

We are so glad that we were able to get away for awhile without the kids. Thanks to my in-laws for watching them! My mother-in-law said they were great...slept through the night without a peep, and didn't wake up until 8 am. Wish they would do that for me! And thanks, babe, for taking me....I always love to get some one on one time with you.

2 comments:

Luke & Shawnie said...

That sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see pics of your new table! and Happy Anniversary!

Camille said...

I'm excited to have an anniversary. Ours falls almost exactly between each of our birthdays, so we've decided this year to do one all-out gift to each other. We're calling it an annibirthary. We're thinking Disneyland. What's even better is that I won't have to think of a birthday present for kyle. Score!